The Bible clearly states that God has given Israel the Promised Land. The Arabs and the nations of the world have flatly rejected God and His word. They are insistent on dividing that which God said is not to be divided.
In 1947 the UN voted to partition the Jewish homeland. The division gave only a small portion of the land to Israel. Israel was immediately attacked by Arab armies who sought to annihilate her. God defended Israel in three wars against armies that would have overwhelmed her.
In those defensive wars Israel took additional land that would preserve her from surprise attacks. This was land that she was entitled according the promise of God. Following the 1967 war the UN passed Resolution 242 which called for Israel to surrender the land she had captured in exchange for recognition by the Arabs of Israel’s right to live in peace and security. The Arabs refused this right to Israel.
After the war of 1973 the UN passed Resolution 338 which repeated the same call as the previous resolution. Again the Arabs refused to concede peace to Israel.
The nations of the world are continuing to defy God concerning His promises to His people Israel. Joel warns the nations of judgment for this defiance of God. “I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead (judge) with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land” (Joel 3:2).
It is absolutely amazing that this prophecy, after 2500 years, is now being fulfilled exactly as God said it would be. Fulfilled prophecy gives overwhelming evidence of God’s all knowing sovereignty in the affairs of men. Men do not reject God because of the lack of evidence as to His existence but rather because of rebellious hearts that insist on doing its own thing instead of yielding to the will of God.
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem” (Zechariah 12:2).
Today the nations of the world are drunk with the power they are attempting exercise over Israel and Jerusalem. Not one single nation in the world will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The Palestinians are drunk with the imagined power they are attempting to impose upon Jerusalem. They rant continually that Biblical Jerusalem (East Jerusalem) is theirs and that the Jews have no part in it or claim to it.
The forces of this world are set against Israel; Israel’s situation today seems be hopeless and beyond despair. The dark clouds of war and oppression seem about to doom Israel to a terrible fate.
However the scriptures foretell a different story. That which lies ahead for Israel in the near future is a time of peace, though it will be a brief time. Israel’s near future involves the regaining of the Temple Mount and the building of the third Temple. With that will come the re-establishing of the Temple worship.
The Palestinians will not gain a state in the West Bank. Their fate is to be annihilated in the soon coming war of Psalm 83. (See Psalm 83:13-17 – Ezekiel 35:3 10, 12 – Obadiah 10, 18)
Antichrist will appear to be Israel’s benefactor for 3 ½ years and then turn on her and seek to utterly destroy the Jews. During that time the land of Israel and the Temple will be overrun by Antichrist as he destroys a great company of Jews.
God has promised to send Christ to rule in Jerusalem and bring peace to Israel and to the world. Satan is an imitator of God and he sends a counterfeit Christ to bring a counterfeit peace, but that peace will be short lived with intent to deceive.
Iran will not annihilate Israel, God has revealed His plan for Israel and it does not include Iran’s nuclear bombs. Iran will indeed come against Israel with primitive weapons, but not at this time. Iran and Russia and their Muslim neighbours will be the ones annihilated in their attack on Israel early in the tribulation period. (See Ezekiel 39:2- 6)
We are reminded of Pharaoh who hardened his heart against God and His Word and the awful fate he suffered.
“Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness” (Hebrews 3:7-8).
The trumpet is soon to sound and the Day of the Lord is about to begin, now is the time to come to Christ for salvation.
- The Sinner: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
- The Problem: "Jesus answered. . .Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
- The Sentence: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
- The Savior: "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
- The Solution: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9
- The Timing: "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." II Corinthians 6:2
- Your Acceptance of God's Gift: If you really believe that Jesus Christ took your place in judgment for your sins on the Cross, you can pray the following prayer.
- The Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, be merciful to me a sinner. I do now receive you as my personal Lord and Savior.
- The Promise: “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day” (John 6:40).
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (Corinthians 5:17).
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” (John 3:36).