America has been in my opinion, in many ways, the greatest nation in all of the history of the world. The average American has prospered as no other group of people in history. Freedom, liberty and justice for all, has been the hallmark of America.
In so many categories America has excelled, education, health care, morality and standard of living to name but a few. I realize that America has been far from perfect, I am not talking about perfection.
One thing is certain; no nation has declared the gospel as freely and as far and wide as America. No nation has sent out missionaries to the far reaches of the earth as America has. No nation has seen the Church of Jesus Christ prosper as America has.
The most powerful military machine ever known to man has promoted freedom for the nations of the world, at least in bygone days.
Alas, something disastrous has happened to that great land. Moral and spiritual decline has been eating away like a cancer within. America has turned away from God. Evolution has been taught in her schools for nearly a hundred years. Materialism has captured the love of her people. Sensuality has been tolerated for far too long and has finally destroyed the families and the souls of her people.
The Church of Jesus Christ has had perhaps the greatest impact for good on America. God has blessed America because of the many that have been truly committed to Christ in days past. Yet that very force (the church) for good and the blessing for the nation has compromised with the world. The church has failed to be salt and light in the world. The Laodicean Church of America is guilty for not stemming the tide of decline that has come.
In recent years the nation has rapidly descended into unimaginable evil and depravity. A plague of immorality, homosexuality, sensuality, drugs and materialism has swept over the nation.
The nation seems to be about to plunge into oblivion. The following is a list of categories in which America leads the world and is an indication as to the lateness of the hour for America.
- The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world and the largest total prison population on the entire globe.
- According to NationMaster.com, the US has the highest percentage of obese people in the world.
- The US has the highest divorce rate on the globe by a wide margin.
- The US is tied with the UK for the most hours of television watched per person each week.
- The US has the highest rate of illegal drug use on the entire planet.
- There are more car thefts in the US each year than anywhere else in the world by far.
- There are more reported rapes in the US each year than anywhere else in the world.
- There are more reported murders in the US each year than anywhere else in the world.
- There are more total crimes in the US each year than anywhere else in the world.
10. The US also has more police officers than anywhere else in the world.
11. The US spends more on health care as a percentage of GDP than any other nation on the face of the earth.
12. The US has more people on pharmaceutical drugs than any other country on the planet.
13. The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world.
14. Americans have more student loan debt than anyone else in the world.
15. More pornography is created in the US than anywhere else on the entire globe. 89 percent is made in the US and only 11 percent is made in the rest of the world.
16. The US has the largest trade deficit in the world every single year. Between December 2000 and December 2010, the US ran a total trade deficit of 6.1 trillion dollars with the rest of the world, and the US has had a negative trade balance every single year since 1976.
17. The US spends 7 times more on the military than any other nation on the planet does. In fact, US military spending is greater than the military spending of China, Russia, Japan, India, and the rest of NATO combined.
18. The US has far more foreign military bases than any other country does.
19. The US has the most complicated tax system in the entire world.
20. The US has accumulated the biggest national debt that the world has ever seen and it is rapidly getting worse. Right now, US government debt is expanding at a rate of $40,000 per second.
There is another factor that is putting America at risk. That factor is the manner in which the American government has turned against Israel and betrayed her. President Obama’s recent proposition, that Israel return to the 1967 borders, has led the other nations of the world to pick up the cry for Israel’s surrender to her enemies. Though many Americans support Israel, yet in a democracy the people are responsible for the actions of their government.
God has made an unconditional promise in His Word that He will bless those that bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel. America has been blessed because of her support of Israel in the past. America seems about to be cursed by God for turning against Israel. If Obama does not veto the coming UN vote concerning a Palestinian State, it may tip the scales of judgment on that once fair land.