Dr. Warren has come up with a formula that would finally bring all denominations together - make everyone think there is something in it just for them. This formula is recorded in the book by Mac Dominick “Outcome Based Religion”.
- Perception must be changed from viewing people as “Saved” or “lost” to “churched” or “unchurched”
- Find out what impresses the unchurched in your community and do it
- Bring in popular “heroes” to attract the multitudes
- Use successful principles of retailing: accessibility - surplus parking - inventory - service - visibility - and good cash flow
- Pastors should model themselves after business men and plan strategically
- Do not preach expository sermons, you have to win them and build relationships
- Move from theocentric approach to ministry, to a human needs approach
- We must begin to say - I am not trying to convert any other religious people to my viewpoint
This formula originated with Robert Schuller’s Leadership Conference of which Rick Warren is a graduate.