Satan has two ambitions that drive him today and have driven him since his fall from grace. His desire to rule and he desire to be worshipped. These ambitions are clearly seen in Isaiah 14:13-14. “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.”
In Ezekiel 28:16 we are told that Satan was the, “Covering cherub.” Satan hovered over the throne of God in this office and beheld God’s glory and the worship that was accorded to Him. He beheld the majesty of God as He ruled over angels in heaven and men on earth. He evidently said in his heart, “I want to rule as God rules and I want to be worshipped as God is worshipped.”
By the permissive will of God, Satan was given the opportunity to attempt to replace God. He set out to lead a rebellion of angels and men against God. His first attempt to consolidate his kingdom was the attempt at Babel. We see in that failed attempt, an effort to bring men together in order to facilitate his rule over them. We also see an attempt to unite the people in a single program of worship. A single program of worship would also facilitate Satan`s attempt bring the whole world to worship him.
Today we are watching as Satan is now making another attempt to bring world of men and women to worship him and to facilitate his rule over them. The goal of Satan has not changed. He wants a world religion and a world government in order to facilitate his ambition of bringing the world to worship him and to facilitate his rule over the world.
In Revelation 17, we read about this last day’s scenario, and we find the world government and the world church. Revelation 17:3, “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.” The beast is representative of Antichrist and his world government and the woman is representative of the world church (see verses 1-2) which is in a union with the world government of Antichrist.
The church is called a harlot. A harlot is a woman who is unfaithful to her husband. The harlot church is Christendom; it is a church which professes to follow Christ but in reality has entered into a union with the world.
For nearly a hundred years now men have been trying to establish both a world government and a world church. Their best efforts have been frustrated, but the effort to establish both of these entities is now reaching a crescendo.
Carl Teichrib on his website “Forcing Change” lists a number of meetings planned in 2011. A listing of these meetings reveals how the efforts to establish world government and a world church are gaining momentum and are becoming like an avalanche.
Though it may seem tedious, I will list just some of these meetings to give you a sense of how close we must be to the coming of these two entities.
1. The One World 2011 Conference: is being organized as a massive interfaith event, bringing together Islamic, Christian, and Jewish leaders. The purpose is to bring the Western and Muslim world closer in the quest for global peace.
2. The G8 World Religions Summit: is to be held in Paris France. One of the subjects will be how to strengthen and implement global governance for the future.
3. Rivalry and Partnership: is to deal with the Struggle for a new Global Governance Leadership and how institutions like the United Nations, G8/G20, and International Monetary Fund must change to become effective international managers.
4. Session III of the Global Governance 2020 Program: in Washington D.C. The Global Governance 2020 Program is a trilateral endeavour that brings together 24 GG202 Fellows – eight from China, Germany and the USA – in a yearlong exercise to strategize and create scenarios for global governance by 2020.
5. The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland: This event has become
the world’s premier forum for global re-thinking and visioning, with leaders from every corner of the planet seeking to create a new international system of governance.
6. United Nations World Interfaith Harmony Week: On October 20, 2010 the United Nations passed a resolution establishing an interfaith harmony week, to be celebrated on the first full week of February. This initiative, which was kick-started by Jordon’s King Abdullah and Jordon’s Prince Ghazi, was founded on prior UN interfaith activities and the Common Word program – a Muslim call to bridge-building with the Christian community. Christian leaders, in turn, responded with a document calling for greater connections with Islam and equated the God of the Old and New Testaments with the Koran. Signers to the Christian response, titled Loving God and Neighbour Together, included Rick Warren, Bill Hybels and Jim Wallis. Leaders from many seminaries and Christian-based organizations also signed, including members of the National Association of Evangelicals, World Vision, and the Mennonite Central Committee.
7. National Preach-In on Global Warming: Initiated by the organization, Interfaith Power & Light, the weekend of February 11-13 is to be set aside as a Global Warming “preach-in.” Hence, clergy connected to local affiliates of Interfaith Power & Light will preach sermons on global warming, the need to change lifestyles, and the quest to find “global solutions for global problems.”
8. UNEP Governing Council and Global Ministerial Environmental Forum: in Nairobi, Kenya. Top level staff from the United Nations Environment Programme, other UN agencies and offices, and national ministerial/secretariat leaders will converge to discuss international environmental directives.
9. Prophets Conference: Palm Springs, California. This is a gathering of prominent New Ages and occult-based futurists, including Barbara Marx Hubbard, who are seeking a new “vision of the future” and a “new world.” Themes will include the coming “alien visitation,” “Native American prophetic teachings, and earth changes.
10. China/Global and Regional Governance: in Singapore. There’s no question that China is an international player with enormous regional influence. Hence, this conference will explore China’s growing role in world governance and regional management, including global security issues such as arms control, international peacekeeping, global financial systems, regional security in East Asia, China’s involvement in maritime security in East Asia, and the development of global and regional Free Trade areas that will gravitate around China’s economic energy.
11. Global Governance: with the topic, Political Authority in Transition, to be held in Montreal. This year’s theme for the annual convention of the International Studies Association is “Global Governance: Political Authority in Transition.” The big questions to be explored are: Where is political authority moving? Is global governance good? And can global governance be improved and reformed?
12. Left Forum: Toward a Politics of Solidarity in New York City. Each year the Left Forum brings hundreds of activists from around the world to discuss options for socialism. Moreover, as socialism grows as a political force with deep, grassroots connections, activists are seeking to expand their reach, producing “tighter forms of world-wide solidarity” in a “global world.”
13. Exploring Human Enhancement: in Richardson, Texas. This technical symposium will explore transhumant themes, including human perfection, human enhancement for military uses, the politics of trans-humanism, designer babies, and the ethics of changing human biology. Technical papers will be presented and a number of workshops held.
14. Earth Day: Each year, thousands of city, regional, and national Earth Day events are convened on April 22. Viewed as a day to celebrate and embrace the Earth, millions of people attend interfaith, environmental, and peace celebrations with an emphasis on Earth-first principles – to the point where often times it is difficult to differentiate between actual environmental concerns and the literal worship of Earth as a deity (known as Gaia). Throughout this global gathering, the constant theme of “world unity” is advanced, making this day a special time to swing personal allegiances towards global governance ideals and “world citizenship.”
15. Toward a Science of Consciousness: in Stockholm, Sweden. What is consciousness? How can it be enhanced? Do religious experiences change human consciousness? These and other themes will be explored in Stockholm, in an event that’s sure to be the talk of the scientific community: Toward a Science of Consciousness. As science and technology is being positioned to change humanity in fundamental ways, philosophers and technical experts are now wrestling through the meaning of consciousness – how it interacts with the universe, what role does spirituality play, can it be made to interact with artificial intelligence…? The list goes on. This multiday conference, hosted in part by New Ager Deepak Chopra, will attempt to wrestle through some of these questions, with the hope that someday soon our consciousness can be connected into a global intelligence.
16. Earth Systems Governance: Crossing Boundaries and Building Bridges, to be held in Fort Collins, Colorado. The Earth Systems Governance conference will discuss global environmental systems, the problems of environmental management, adaptive solutions, and the connections between government, economic systems, and environmental governance. Water resources, climate issues, and food systems will be explored in a global context.
17. World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel: It’s Time for Palestine: Sponsored by the World Council of Churches, this one-week event is to be a time for churches around the world to lobby on behalf of the Palestinians in an effort to bring a political settlement to the region. The direction is clearly aimed at largely promoting one side of the issue; its’ Time for Palestine. Watch as churches this summer will be called to increasingly side with the Palestinian cause – and by default the geostrategic agenda of the Arab League – in an effort to bring “justice” and “peace” to the region.
18. International Security Forum: in Zurich, Switzerland. A world premier event, the International Security Forum brings together leading politicians, military personnel, strategic planners, and global security contractors. The main question for 2011: “Can the world find a new blueprint towards collective action in order to resolve global, regional and national challenges…?”
19. ACUNS Annual Meeting: in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The Academic Council on the United Nations System is a worldwide body of academics, policy makers, and individuals dedicated to empowering the United Nations. This group has gained considerable clout over the past number of years, and has become a strong voice for global governance.
20. World Future: 2011 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Sponsored by the World Future Society, the conference will bring approximately 1000 philosophers, scientists, and futurists to Vancouver. The purpose: To explore the major social, technical, political, and cultural trends that are shaping and changing the world.
21. World Crisis; Revolution or Evolution in the International Community: In Porto, Portugal over 1,000 scholars, experts, and political practitioners will gather to discuss governance “beyond the state,” world order options, questions of sovereignty, and international justice. To this end, the overriding theme centers on the question of world order by evolution or as an outcome of revolution. The host body for this event is the World International Studies Committee, which is connected to a large network of professional academic organizations, including the International Studies Association.
22. World Peace Festival: in Berlin, Germany. Billed as the “biggest peace event in history,” the World Peace Festival is expected to draw 1 million participants and be viewed by over 1 billion on television. It’s expected that this event will be globally “transformative.” In other words, it’s meant to guide civilization toward a break-through – assisting humanity in becoming one-world.
23. International Day of Peace: in New York City and other locations Peace organizations, interfaith groups, and United Nations supporters mark September 21 as the “International Day of Peace.” This one-day, UN-sponsored global celebration and campaign is geared to uniting humanity around the theme of world peace.
24. Global Alliance Summit for Ministries and Department of Peace: which is to be held in Cape Town, South Africa. This conference is part of a worldwide movement to create an official “Department of Peace” at the national level in countries around the world. Currently, three countries have a Department of Peace, and there’s a move to create a similar government agency in the US. Although such an agency sounds benign, it must be understood that the philosophies underlying this move are based on a global vision of political correctness, and the desire for international government.
25. Global Economic Symposium: The Global Economic Symposium is an annual event focusing on the international financial architecture and the challenges of developing a global economy, including the exploration of active solutions. World leaders in business, economic governance, and high-level policy players will attend.
These are only a few of the hundreds of meetings planned to force a global agenda on the world. These meetings will include such organizations as the World Bank, the IMF, the EU, NATO, the UN many other NGO’s. All of these meetings are designed to push for global transformation which is preparation for world government.
We have been warned repeatedly that another global economic crisis, greater than the last one, is on the horizon. I believe these men, some knowingly and some unknowingly, are preparing to seize that opportunity to advance the cause of world government. I do not necessarily believe world government will spell the end of national governments, but that rather they will be brought under subjection to the world authority. They will be provinces of the new order.
“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh” (Luke 21:28). “But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief” (1 Thess.5:4). “...ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?” (Matthew 16:3) “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25). Are you ready for the rapture to take place? Are you saved?